An Estimator is required to join the pre-contract division of a leading national contractor from their Cambridge office. The successful candidate will have some previous experience in tendering for projects between £1m - £5m and want to progress their career in Estimating with a highly reputable construction company.
The successful candidate will be office based in Cambridge and assist the pre-contract department with tenders for new build and refurbishment projects typically between £100k and £5m. These project will typically be in the Education, Residential and commercial sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work within a large team of pre-development staff and ultimately be responsible for the estimating of projects in and around the central region. Specific duties will include:
- Be responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from other members of the pre-construction team.
- Manage the production of the tender costs in consultation with the project planner, design manager and bid manager allocated to the project.
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the Kier Supply Chain.
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
- Estimates result in contracts that meet or exceed business expectations.
- Handover of successful tender information such that the site teams are suitably briefed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have some prior experience in tendering for projects in excess of £1m. This could be in a specific Estimating role, or as a Quantity Surveyor doing Estimating as part of your role
- Previous experience of working on projects in the education, commercial or residential sector is desired
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisational & planning skills are essential
- Able to meet strict deadlines is essential
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a highly reputable national contractor with a particularly strong presence in Central and Eastern England. They have a strong reputation in the education, residential and commercial sectors but are not limited to these sectors. They have a turnover in excess of £250m and continually rising.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £35k - £50k + Benefits