An attractive Estimator job to join a leading premium London based structures and construction refurbishment Contractor with high end projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating and pricing premium Central London refurbishment jobs £1-8m in value.
A knowledge of structures and how to price them is essential. This means the experience and ability to understand the sequencing and logistical practicalities of building complex Central London projects and the implications for estimating and pricing the work.
An ambitious Estimator is needed to take responsibility for estimating and pricing premium Central London refurbishment jobs of around £1-8m in value. Projects include complex and high value refurbishment works including cut and carve, basements and adding extra floors or side extensions to existing buildings. All construction projects are fast track, premium high value construction projects
Construction projects with a significant structural element will typically be high value complex refurbishments with a critical structural element of works on high value buildings including basements and extensions.
Projects are mostly based in Central London and are for for premium private clients. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and this specialist refurbishment and structures contractor boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Estimator for the company, you will be responsible for:
- Estimating and pricing refurbishment jobs £1m-£8m in value
- Estimating and pricing critical structures elements of refurbishment project including steel or concrete frame and cut and carve structure related elements
- Able to understand and incorporate construction sequences within the tender price and to be able to understand and price work which has complex logistical issues in confined spaces and requiring permits to undertake
- Understand construction materials and the best methods of pricing them
- Client facing interaction
- Working closely with the company directors in both a strategic and hands on way
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Estimator or even an Engineer with an interest and some exposure to cost and estimating related elements during their engineering work, to fast track their career with a pro active hands on refurbishment contractor.
There will be the opportunity to learn high level estimating skills from the company directors, and to progressively take over the estimating role from them, and develop an estimating department and team.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidate that are suitable for this Estimator job will have:
- Either 5+ years’ experience in a building or refurbishment estimating role within construction, probably in the UK or Ireland OR
- 5+ years experience within a concrete frame /RC Frame or steel frame contractor as an engineer or an estimator, with experience of working on the engineering and cost elements of tenders for structural elements of subcontracts for main contractors
- Experience of estimating for structural work, building work, refurbishment work or with very similar transferrable experience
- Previous Estimating or transferable engineering experience with a fast track refurbishment contractor, a professional subcontractor or a dynamic building construction or concrete or RC Frame contractor is essential
- Engineering or Estimating Candidates coming from a sub-contractor background relating to Structural work or refurbishment would be of particular interest.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career is essential
- A Degree in a construction subject is desired but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor with high value projects all around Central London. Their head office is located near an Underground station in south London.
Undertaking high value, complex refurbishment projects in the Central London area, they boast a prestigious list of clients and a fantastic portfolio of completed projects.
As a hardworking and profitable specialist refurbishment contractor and subcontractor, they can offer new employees that join them the opportunity to work on some fantastic luxury, high end projects in popular Central London locations, and a fantastic working and team environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary of £60,000 - £80,000 is available dependant on experience.
- Healthcare after probation period