Professional Project Manager Expert Witness ServicesRef MAX8900 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location London Salary £50k - £65k + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 06/03/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
We are seeking a professional Project Manager to join a specialist construction disputes consultancy based in central London.
The successful candidate will be a Project Manager with experience of working for a leading professional Project Management consultancy and will be required to work with leading industry experts on project management negligence, project advisory, forensic delay and programming matters.
This role sits within the businesses project advisory team, which in turn sits within the larger Delay Analysis division of the business which typically carries out delay related expert witness services. Therefore, the successful candidate will not only need to be a successful Project Manager, but also familiar with delay analysis techniques.
You will be exposed to an exciting variety of projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry, including oil and gas, power, energy, rail as well as projects within the built environment. These will range from live projects to projects currently experiencing high level disputes. Including projects where disputes have escalated to arbitration and litigation proceedings.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working with leading industry experts on project management negligence, project advisory, forensic delay and programming matters.
Specific duties will include:
- Analysing large quantities or data relating to disputes or problematic projects
- Reviewing claims documentation and quickly identifying the key issues relating to the dispute
- Using planning software to analyse programs and project schedules
- Carrying out different forms of delay analysis
- Using MS Excel to analyse, record and rearrange data as required by the lead expert
- Assisting the Partner in reviewing key issues relating to problematic projects and contribute to providing high level strategic advice to clients
- Advising on strategy for the successful Project Management of troubled projects
- Client facing and engaging with the client and various stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have experience of working for a professional project management consultancy
- Have exposure to working on large scale, complex construction and/or civil engineering projects
- Have experience of being involved on multiple projects from inception through to completion and understand the full construction process
- Have recent hands on Project Management experience and have actively been involved on all aspects of a project rather than a pure delegator of work
- Have exposure to carrying out delay analysis
- Must have some exposure to planning and scheduling within your role, ideally with experience of carrying out delay analysis and handling claims
- Some knowledge and exposure to the use of planning software’s is required (ideally Primavera P6. However internal training can be provided specifically relating to this.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills with clear report writing skills
- A Degree in Project Management or a similar equivalent qualification
- Must be a professional member of a relevant professional body such as (ICE/IEI/IET/RIBA/RICS/CIOB/APM)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of London’s largest and most reputable expert witness consultancies. They have many the industry’s most recognised experts, which attracts work on the most exciting domestic and international disputes.
They have been experiencing continued significant growth and offer fantastic career progression opportunities for professional, ambitious and talented employees passionate to progress their career in expert witness services.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k Basic Salary
+ Bonus (10% - 30%)
+ Season Ticket Loan (After successfully passing probation)
+ Annual professional membership fees paid (Up to 2 relevant memberships)
+ 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
+ Flexible working hours between 7am – 7pm (8 hours working day)
+ Private Medical Cover (Self and Family)
+ Life Assurance Cover
+ Support / sponsorship of relevant further education available
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend