Project Quantity Surveyor
Project Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work as a Cost Consultant or Senior Cost Consultant based from the office in Central London on a range of exciting building, facades and sustainability related projects.
As Project Quantity Surveyor, you will have responsibility for your own projects, both pre and post contract.
The portfolio of projects this employer undertakes are mostly high value office, retail and commercial buildings. They have a number of specialisms in relation to facades, BIM and also have extensive experience in relation to the cost management of tall buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project QS / Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to work independently on most of your work, and willing and able to supervise Junior QS / Cost Management staff. You will report to an Associate or Partner who will help with any contentious issues or matters requiring higher level sign off. As a rule your Project QS / Senior Cost Manager job duties will include:
- Working on and working with QS colleagues to prepare Cost Plans & Cost Estimates
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents
- Checking Bills of Quantity
- Undertaking and supervising take offs
- Feasibility reports
- Contractor liaison management
- Cost/ Value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Cost Plans & Cost Estimates
- Experience with the preparation of tender enquiry documents
- Able to check Bills of Quantity
- Experience with supervising take offs
- Experience with feasibility reports
- Experience with contractor liaison management
- Experience with valuations
- Experience with cost/ Value reconciliations
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is advantageous.
- MRICS is desired, although help towards achieving MRICS is available, as this employer offers a very strong and well established APC programme.
- Help with becoming MRICS is offered and can be seen as an attractive feature of this employer.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading medium sized Quantity Surveying and Cost Management consultancy based in London.
Full details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Contributory pension
- Private medical
- 38 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity / paternity scheme
- Quarterly appraisal of performance