Amazing opportunity for anyone seeking construction jobs overseas and those who want to use their career in construction to improve the environment. Our client, a well-established multi-discipline construction company in Hong Kong, is working in the power and energy sector on an exciting power project which will ultimately improve air quality and environmental performance in Hong Kong. They are looking for an energetic Quality Engineer to manage the quality function on site.
You will be working on Black Point Power Station. The project involves the design, construction and installation of a combined cycle gas turbine which will replace the current coal fired power unit with the ultimate aim of providing a cleaner source of electricity for Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for internal inspection and liaising with the client’s inspection team for formal site inspections.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and Field Quality Plans (FQP), submission and approval by the client's inspection team.
- Preparing quality records, Weld Maps, and assisting with Red-line drawings.
- Analysing & presenting quality performance for management's information.
- Taking a lead in driving continuous end-to end related quality improvements and achieving quality targets.
- Assisting with quality audit, audit report, and quality audit plan.
- Inspecting and accepting the client’s free issue items and non-compliant products.
- Handling the client’s complaints to identify the root cause and handling follow-up improvement actions and preventive plans with responsible parties.
- Assisting in the preparation of procedures, instructions and forms required for the Quality Plan.
- Carrying out induction and training of the company’s personnel and service providers inregards to the requirements of the project quality management system.
- Establishing with the service providers that the calibration of their inspection and test equipment is being correctly maintained and is up to date.
- Knowledge of Environmental Standards desired but not essential.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in audit field, preferably in engineering background.
- Attention to detail, independent worker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong auditing and statistics skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both oral and written English, knowledge of Chinese desired but not essential.
- Strong computer skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and databases.
- Works well under pressure and can prioritise and complete the assigned task within a short timeframe.
- Relevant degree in Engineering or other construction-related field. A degree in Mechanical Engineering desired but not essential.
- Certified Auditor or Certified Quality Engineer desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our company is a multi-discipline civil engineering contractor well established in Hong Kong. They’ve been involved in some major civil and power projects in Macau and Mainland China. They pride themselves in a long list of successfully completed projects. In terms of construction jobs in Asia, they offer very attractive opportunities in the power and energy sector. If Hong Kong engineering jobs are of interest to you, this position may be the right fit!