A new, exciting Quantity Surveyor vacancy to join a successful multidisciplinary consultancy in Sevenoaks, Kent that has a fantastic reputation in providing long term client project management services to social housing providers.
Ideal Quantity Surveyor Candidate will have previous experience working for developer or contractor.
Quantity Surveyor will be producing cost plans from drawings and estimating buildings costs of residential projects, primarily recladding of high-rise schemes.
Projects will largely be affordable housing projects. Quantity Surveyor candidates with experience working on social housing projects will be of particular interest. Successful Quantity Surveyor candidate will be heavily involved with clients and deal with correspondence in relation to commercial and contractual issues.
Quantity Surveyor will be based in the Sevenoaks, Kent office and be a part of the Cost Consultancy team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the duties of this Quantity Surveyor role will include
- Production of cost plans for recladding works
- Estimating from RIBA stage 0 initial concepts through to RIBA stage 5
- Client liaison and attending design team meetings
- Client-side Valuations and certification
- Reviewing and analysing Main Contractors Tender submissions
- Cost exercises for clients including Value Engineering
- Ensuring all costs are tracked & validated
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveyor or Estimator with at least 5 years’ experience from the developer or contractor background. Additional years of experience welcome for the Senior Quantity Surveyor role
- Must be able to produce cost plans from drawings and estimate building costs of residential projects include recladding of high-rise schemes.
- Understanding of JCT Design and Build contracts
- Experience of re claddings and fire improvements
- Cost comparison and main contractor selection
- Tendering of large subcontract packages
- Good knowledge of measurements of drawings, COST X, affordable housing, building practices and buildings costs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Excel
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an established multidisciplinary consultancy, offering client project management and cost consultancy services. They are experts in the public housing sector. They serve housing organisations, local authorities and house builders. This Quantity Surveyor role is good opportunity in an expanding company offering good career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Up to 65k Basic salary
- Bonus Inceptive
- Private Medical Insurance
- 28 days holiday + birthday
- Professional Subscriptions