Quantity Surveyor MEP
An M&E Quantity Surveyor is required to join a small but highly reputable specialist M&E consultancy based in London. In this role you will work as part of a highly experienced Commercial team on M&E projects across London.
The company typically work as a team of M&E specialist Quantity Surveyor s/ Commercial Managers and operate in house for main contractors and developers. They only work on projects in the M&E sector and typically value from anything from £500k - £20m.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will work for the business and be assigned to M&E project(s) often assisting with external companies (usually main contractors). On smaller projects you may work individually, whilst on larger projects you will likely be part of a team of Quantity Surveyors working on the project. The role offers exciting variety and exposure to M&E packages on varied projects across all sectors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience on M&E projects is strongly desired. Candidates may be considered if they can demonstrate a clear passion to have a career as a QS in the M&E sector but do not currently have exposure to working on such projects.
- Candidates from an M&E technical background that are looking to get into Quantity Surveying will also be considered
- Candidates will ideally have experience working on M&E projects for a main contractor or specialist sub-contractor
- Strong post contract experience is particularly desirable
- The hiring company are willing to look at candidates who meet the experience above, regardless of qualifications. However a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or a mechanical / electrical specific qualification would be preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a highly regarded M&E specialist consultancy based in London and conducting their work largely within the M25. They are relatively small in numbers but the owners of the business are leading experts in M&E Quantity Surveying and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with more junior employees. The average employee works for the business for many years and the position would suit a candidate with the intentions of a long term career within the business.