Quantum Expert Director
Quantum Expert Director required In Hong Kong to work with experts in a specialist disputes division within a market-leading international advisory consulting company.
An exciting opportunity to work as a Director of Quantum based in Hong Kong, working with Quantum experts in a specialist construction disputes division working towards resolution of construction disputes applying the process of arbitration.
This role would suit Associate Directors currently working within quantum disputes and can demonstrate extensive quantum experience.
For this demanding construction quantum position, which will provide you access to some of the most fascinating and difficult construction conflicts, strong analytical problem-solving abilities and communication skills are a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a Director within the specialist Quantum division of the construction disputes sector, you will work with the Hong Kong and the international quantum team, including experienced quantum experts to support in individual arbitration matters to assist clients in acquiring the desired legal outcome.
- Regular experience of providing testimony in court.
- Providing highly analytical expert opinions with expert reports and joint statements for formal dispute resolution proceedings.
- Writing / Drafting and assisting with drafting detailed and accurate reports including the cost and claims provided on major disputes.
- Undertake technical analyses using appropriate methodologies and prepare reports on findings that can be incorporated within expert reports used in arbitrations and adjudications.
- Provide specialist quantum related advice to the client through reports and presentations.
- Support junior members of staff.
- Network with your established contacts in the legal industry.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience within both Quantity Surveying and Quantum dispute work.
- Demonstrable experience of overseeing and managing the commercial administration of various construction contracts, assessing claims for legitimacy and quantum, and leading on the resolution of disputes with the supply chain.
- Extensive experience of undertaking claims assessments, undertaking dispute discussions, handling risk identification and mitigation matters, and undertaking contract reviews.
- Evidence specific experience of construction disputes, to include claims, arbitration and/or litigation procedures & report writing skills and experience.
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level QS or Quantum Consultant staff.
- Experienced and capable of managing, administering and understanding key forms of contract such as NEC3 ECC & PSC contracts, framework agreements, and bespoke forms of contracts (e.g. minor works and major design contracts).
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or a similar degree in construction
- Master’s degree in applicable construction specialism, highly preferable a construction law LLM or similar.
- Ideally MRICS, MInstCES or equivalent qualified or working towards Chartership.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer holds specialisms in both quantum and delay services across the globe, supporting their clients when they are faced with their greatest challenges and opportunities through independent expert opinion services.
Working at this company will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside several market-leading industry experts on exciting and high-profile international arbitration work.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across the globe will be provided to shortlisted applicants.