Senior Director, Quantum Expert Services
A Senior Director is required to join the Quantum Analysis team of a premium, renowned Construction Expert Witness consultancy in their London office.
The successful candidate will be acting as the lead primary Quantum Expert or assisting other experts and colleagues in their expert reports. You will work in tandem to prepare analysis and expert reports for high-value and complex arbitration proceedings.
As a construction Quantum Senior Director / Director you will work on complex construction disputes relating to a variety of major projects around the world. This senior-level Quantum Senior Director role will be based from the Central London office with the option to work from home a few days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role as a Quantum Senior Director / Director will include:
- Acting as the lead expert in Quantum matters involving International Arbitration and Litigation or assisting other experts or your colleagues with expert report writing
- Expert report writing and process management at the highest level
- Leading advisory services to clients seeking to improve their corporate governance and commercial performance, including the implementation and development of project controls and risk management
- Examining documents and projects based on various industries i.e., infrastructure, oil & gas and residential
- Provision of specialist expert advice through presentations, proposals, and reports
- Managing the workload of the wider quantum disputes project team
- Managing budgets, finances, fee statements, and client negotiations
- Drafting fees and project proposals for significantly large projects
- Leading management, development and training of team members
- Leading client meetings and organising client-related events
- Continuing to build the company’s reputation in the construction and legal community
- Leading your own Expert Witness testimony as well as your own Expert reports
- Working closely with the existing leadership team in a collaborative way to drive the business forward
- Leading as a testifying expert and winning your own premium expert appointments
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates will have some experience working on disputes handling quantum matters. In addition, it is preferred that the candidates will have:
- Experience in writing or contributing to Quantum Expert reports
- Broad experience across a range of construction/engineering projects
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience is desirable
- 15+ years experience within the construction industry working on major or complex projects in a QS, contract administration or engineering prior to specialising in Quantum related matters
- 5+ years experience in performing detailed Quantum Forensic Analysis expected
- Flexible attitude to working and be prepared to work elsewhere region-wise for short periods (commonly 1 – 2 weeks), although you will predominantly be based in London
- Able to demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and strong working relationships with clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team focus and a desire to develop staff
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- MRICS/MSCSI qualified or equivalent strongly preferred
- BSc or equivalent construction or engineering degree preferred
- MSc in Construction Law or LLM qualification achieved or working towards
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is considered one of the leading Construction Expert Witness consultancies in the international construction and disputes markets.
They provide advice as consultants on landmark projects internationally and domestically and offer employees the chance to work with them and cut their teeth on some of the most high-profile disputes worldwide.