Quantum Managing ConsultantRef MAX9011 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 10/12/2020 Status Live
A Chartered Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on the preparation of disputes that were heading for court or tribunal is required to work for a leading specialist expert witness consultancy in London.
The successful candidate will take up a role as Managing Consultant within the quantum division of one of London’s most reputable expert witness consultancies. You will provide support to the lead testifying expert by providing independent and impartial quantum analysis of sections of disputes that are heading for arbitration or litigation.
The suitable candidates must be a chartered with the RICS and have demonstrable experience of the adjudication, arbitration and/or litigation process.
Within your role, you will be expected to provide highly detailed, forensic quantum analysis on disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation. Such disputes could relate to projects from any sector within the construction and engineering industries, hence giving candidates unparalleled diversity when it comes to project exposure.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work closely with the lead testifying expert as part of their team providing independent and impartial analysis of the key areas of the dispute with a view to producing an expert report, which will be submitted to the court for testimony and cross-examination.
Specific duties will include:
- Working closely alongside the lead testifying expert and his lead assistant to provide forensic quantum analysis on key areas of the dispute
- Provide highly analytical expert opinions backed up by evidence on Quantum related issues within disputes
- Writing / Drafting sections of the expert report
- Providing support to junior members of staff
- Taking large amounts of data and correspondence relating to the dispute and using your experience as a QS to pull out the relevant information from multiple sources, to present for review from senior management
- Creating and inputting data into spreadsheets
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have had a successful background in a Quantity Surveying role, ideally for reputable employers and on complex projects
- Must have experience and exposure to the processes involved in disputes that are heading for adjudication, arbitration and / or litigation
- Whilst experience on adjudication disputes could be beneficial in this role, candidates will need to firmly understand and convey how they could adapt from reviewing data and writing reports in a persuasive manner to acting in an independent and impartial manner
- Exposure to a wide range of contracts and project sectors would be advantageous
- A highly analytical and methodical approach to tasks
- Incredibly thorough in the work that you do and understanding the importance of accuracy in all work that you carry out and provide in this sector.
- A personable and professional manner
- Genuine passion to progress in the expert witness sector
- Must be a full member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Must be Degree qualified in a relevant subject (or similar equivalent)
- Ideally have / be working towards an MSC or LLM in construction Law
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is one of London’s largest and most reputable construction disputes consultancies, and specialists in providing quantum and delay expert witness services to clients globally.
They work from a large, stylish central London based office and have multiple Who’s Who Legal (WWL) recognised experts in both quantum and delay.
They have a strong HR function which allows them to perform regular performance appraisals with employees where training plans and pay reviews are discussed. Candidates can expect a clear career development plan whilst working for this employer.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £70k - £90k (Dependant on experience)
+ Discretionary bonus (in the region of 10% - 25%)
+ Benefits package (inc. Pension and private medical cover)
- Senior Quantum Consultant Romford, East London - £50k - £70k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant Watford, Hertfordshire - £50k - £70k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire - £40k - £60k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire - £40k - £60k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant London - £50k - £70k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend