Senior Bank Monitoring Surveyor
A Senior Monitoring Surveyor or Bank Monitoring Surveyor is needed to join a Commercial Construction Consultancy on a hybrid home/office/site visit working basis. Occasional visits to the Leicester office will be needed with regular visits to Leicester / Home Counties based sites.
A Senior Monitoring Surveyor cum Bank Monitoring Surveyor will be responsible for managing their selected region and monitor the management and commercial/financial status of construction projects, to ensure they are controlled and reported accurately.
This position is split between being home/office based and visiting sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Bank Monitoring Surveyor and key senior contact to clients, you will need to build strong working relationships and be confident at analysing, interpreting, and presenting data during the pre contract and during the live delivery of projects. You will also need to build strong team working skills to successfully manage relationships between various parties; Clients, Developers, Contractors, and Professional team members.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily monitoring of construction project, following from initial queries and reports to final reports.
- Prepare Monitoring Reports to guarantee all projects aspects are risk-assessed and highlight to Clients, including the preparation of Initial due diligence and monthly draw down reports.
- Guarantee the Client receives due diligence advice in line with the terms of appointment.
- Travel to and attend any necessary site meetings with Clients and Developers as and when required.
- Review contract documents and detail their relevancy, suitability, and whether they have been fully and correctly completed.
- Review the Legal Report on Title and the Valuation Report advising of any conflicts or matters which affect the contents of the Monitoring Surveyor Initial report.
- Review and comment accordingly on all Approvals and Consents (including but not limited to Planning, Highways, Building Control, New Build Warranty, Party Wall, and Right of Light)
- Provide approximate quantities of particular elements of the building project, including GIFA utilising measurement software such as Cost X, as to provide an estimate for Initial reporting purposes.
- Advise contractors and specialists on procurement routes, cost, and programme solutions.
- Review building, contractor and consultant insurances, commenting on adequacy and monitoring renewal.
- Review reports and surveys and identify outstanding requirements.
- Report on target EPC rating and any design changes which may affect this.
- Ensure the client is immediately reported to in the case of any Cost/Programme variations, conflict of interest, or any other matter which may negatively affect the project.
- Manage internal resources to provide a full range of monitoring surveying functions, to enable projects to proceed from inception to completion.
- Understand and ensure the principles and statutory regulations for Health & safety are complied with throughout the project lifecycle.
- Take responsibility for and actively seek opportunities for self-development.
- Keep up to date with industry standards and best practices.
- Comply with QA procedures to reduce potential commercial risk to the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some previous experience is needed of acting in the monitoring role on projects and being involved with the resolution of contractual and legal matters.
- Some aspects of quantity surveying experience will be highly relevant
- Ability to support negotiations with other involved parties.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to use various sources of cost data, e.g., BCIS, in-house database, and other external sources
- Competent in a variety of IT packages including Excel.
- Has a detailed understanding of construction technology.
- Knowledge and usage of the Cost X measurement tool or similar platforms.
- Ability to nurture and help younger staff members develop their skills.
- Act with the best interests of the business, ensuring customer care and satisfaction.
- Highly numerate and literate – able to quickly and efficiently deliver high quality and accurate reports.
- Be highly structured and organised with the ability to monitor multiple projects with limited delays or inconsistencies in reporting.
Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying and/or Project Management, or similar equivalent is desired. Candidates will also ideally be working towards their RICS chartership or have recently achieved chartered status.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a commercial construction consultancy that has been recognised as an industry leader for decades. Their work covers Bank Monitoring, cost consultancy, quantity surveying and project management for leading clients in the private and public sectors across the UK including London, Birmingham, Leicester, Bristol, Cornwall hubs that cover the Midlands, London, Greater London, the South East and the South West.
Full details of this premium consultancy will be given to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous Basic Salary up to 60k negotiable based on experience