Senior Building SurveyorRef MAX8947 Consultant Steve Thomas Region North and Scotland Location Manchester Salary to £60,000 +Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 16/06/2020 Status Live
A Chartered Building Surveyor job is available to join a national construction consultancy with a regional office based in central Manchester.
This well regarded construction consultancy employer is looking for a qualified, Chartered Building Surveyor with experience of working on public and private sector projects.
Experience of working in the commercial sector being would be particularly suitable but not essential.
The new Chartered Building Surveyor recruit is needed to join a major £2m fit out project for the UK central government in central Manchester.
The Manchester office of this chartered construction consultancy with a well established building surveying division works on projects across many key sectors of the construction industry including:
Their private client business remains busy and their public sector work for central government is growing in size. Contracts include major building refurbishement work for UK government departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Director, and work day to day with the project delivery design team and the client organisation. Chartered Building Surveyor Job Duties in Manchester will include:
- Lead and manage design team meetings
- Able to perform, manage and report on dilapidation surveys
- Responsibility for the delivery of entire projects.
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project.
- Producing full building surveys and reports.
- Undertake condition and dilapidation surveys.
- Tracking and documenting changes.
- Preparing written project communication material.
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports.
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers.
- Responsibility for managing the sub-consultants and Construction Managers.
- Attending and chairing meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be professionally qualified Building Surveyor with MRICS.
- 2-4 years post qualification experience following chartership is strongly desired.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivering projects successfully.
- Be conversant in project delivery and able to manage client and subconsultant workflows and expectations
- Be familiar with and have experience of building condition surveys.
- Have experience of working with design teams in positive ways and with cost effective buildable outcomes
- Have experience of working within an Inter-disciplinary organisation.
- Must be a Chartered member of the RICS as a Building Surveyor
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company seeking Building Surveying and Quantity Surveying staff is a specialist, mid-sized construction consultancy with multiple regional offices across the UK.
The Manchester office continues to have ambitious growth plans for the the Manchester and North West area. The southern region office in Berkshire is also busy.
The client offers a personable and professional working environment, with access to interesting, large scale and complex projects as well as a competitive basic salary and extensive benefits package.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £60,000 total salary package
+ Car Allowance
+ Life Insurance
+ RICS fees paid
+ Contributory Pension
+ 24 days holiday
- Chartered Building Surveyor Berkshire - to £60,000 + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend