Senior Consultant Contracts and Claims
An exciting role to work as a Senior Consultant Contract and Claims in Sydney Australia, working in an office with iconic views of Sydney Harbour.
The role most suits an individual who has spent some time working for a PQS consultancy delivering the full range of PQS services and has made a conscious decision to specialise in contract claims, dispute resolution and commercial advisory.
Client is a growing provider of specialist commercial advisory, claims management and dispute resolution services to the construction and infrastructure industries. You will be joining a niche team of construction consultants where attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems are rewarded. In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company and develop your own professional profile.
You will be exposed to a broad range of interesting and challenging work, dealing with complex claims and disputes for companies operating in the construction and infrastructure space.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will have the ability to take a hands-on approach to solving clients’ problems and communicating those solutions in a clear and concise manner.
Your role will see you:
- developing claims and disputes strategies to meet client objectives;
- undertaking forensic reviews of project records to prepare chronologies of events;
- managing and preparing construction claims including variations, extensions of time, disruption claims, acceleration claims and the like, including performing technical analysis, gathering evidence and drafting technical submissions;
- drafting contractual correspondence and providing contract administration and commercial management advice;
- managing dispute resolution processes including mediation, expert determination and preparing detailed adjudication applications and responses under security of payment legislation;
- working with client project teams and legal professionals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally 7-10 years experience in the construction industry with 3 years of experience in contract and claims preparation, assessment and negotiation.
- An analytical mind and are motivated problem solvers who take care with their written and verbal communications.
- Seeking someone who acts with diligence, integrity and has a strong attention to detail. These individual attributes are at the core of our client's values.
- Excellent letter and report writing skills.
- Previous experience in consulting, including in a claims preparation and assessment capacity;
- Highly skilled at excel and information interrogation and management.
- A construction related degree is essential.
- Achieved or working towards a Masters in Construction Law LLM or similar subject would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a growing provider of specialist commercial advisory, claims management and dispute resolution services to the construction and infrastructure industries throughout Australia and New Zealand.
They are a small but growing boutique firm based in Sydney and with a strong client base in Australia and New Zealand. They pride themselves on providing a true consultative and advisory service to their clients. They can offer top notch construction dispute resolution jobs.
The team is made of up industry experts with a wealth of experience in the claims and disputes sector. Successful candidates can expect to join a highly professional team that like to provide a very high level of service to their clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa AUS $150k - AUS $200K
- a competitive remuneration package relative to current skills, level of experience and career alignment with the intended role;
- flexible working arrangements;
- the opportunity to learn new skills in a collaborative working environment;
- exposure to varied and challenging problems across several industry sectors.