Senior Consultant Quantum
Senior Consultant job vacancy within the Quantum division of a prestigious, Central London based construction dispute Consultancy.
You will work within a specialist construction Quantum disputes team. The successful candidate will have a prior successful commercial background and later transitioned into a specialist dispute related role where they have undertaken work within Claims and Expert Witness services.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties will vary based on the size of each individual dispute you are working on. However, this is a mid-management position in which you will give high-quality support and assistance to the lead expert, with regular exposure in the lead assistant role. You will also have the ability to support more junior members of the team when required. Duties will include:
- Provide and assist in preparation for testifying experts and legal counsel with presentations and cross-examination reports.
- Provide highly analytical expert opinions with expert reports and joint statements for formal dispute resolution proceedings.
- Writing / Drafting detailed and accurate reports including the cost and claims provided on major disputes.
- Providing assistance for the quantum expert in an International Court of Arbitration (ICC), including analysing implemented changed design and increased costs.
- Execute a meticulous review of contemporaneous data to analyse the dispute in infrastructure projects in ICC.
- Conduct Quantum analysis in an ICC Arbitration representing the claimant in regard to major infrastructure projects.
- Liaising with numerous parties both internally and externally to generate required information and documentation.
- Providing support to junior members of staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have demonstrable experience of writing / drafting reports.
- Must have a successful background in a premium Quantity Surveying role, ideally for major reputable employees and large-scale projects.
- Approach tasks methodically and analytically.
- Incredibly meticulous and thorough in the work that you do.
- A personable and professional manner.
- Genuine passion to progress in the expert witness sector.
- Be prepared to perform advanced data research and present results of the analysis.
- Be prepared to present reports and to be cross-examined internally on your opinion.
- Must have a relevant RICS Chartership.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience working with premium Quantity Surveying contractors, either from build or civil background.
- Knowledge of some level of Disputes experience is highly desirable.
- Must be Degree qualified in a relevant subject (or similar equivalent).
- Ideally have / be working towards an MSc or LLM in construction Law.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading construction consultancy who specialise in providing independent expert services on major international disputes.
You will work alongside several leading industry experts on exciting and often high-profile claims and disputes.
You will provide analysis and prepare reports to industry leading standards whilst working for industry leading professionals that will serve you well in your future in the industry.