Senior EstimatorRef MAX7048 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary £60k - £80k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Estimator with shown experience for a Main Contractor or Consultancy is required to join a global construction consultancy in a London office. You will be working on projects in the rail sector including major and exciting projects. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Estimator to showcase their skills with an international and highly reputable consultancy.
You will be working on projects in the rail sector, encompassing a range of large exciting projects as well as smaller projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors
- Potential management of more junior members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in the rail sector is essential
- Experience working for a Main Contractor is also considered for this role, as well as a consultancy organisation
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & bespoke IT packages relating to cost planning is essential
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted a number of the pre-contract quantity surveying duties listed above is required
- Experience of managing junior members of staff is beneficial.
- Vast post qualification experience in an Estimating role
- Achievement of, or your advanced progression towards MRICS or MCIOB or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international consultancy in construction operating a turnover exceeding £1bn. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive benefits package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend