Senior Project Manager
As the Senior Project Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for multiple construction projects running concurrently. These projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential and housing sector.
In the job role of Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for one of multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Most of this employer's projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and housing and property developers.
The successful Senior Project Manager candidate for this exciting job vacancy will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required.
A driving licence is required and preferably your own car (business mileage is paid).
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Project Manager job duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of an extensive programme of Affordable Housing work
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Managing small to medium sized projects with a reasonable level of independence
- Treating all clients to exceptional level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience of running your own projects as a Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultant or Senior Quantity Surveyor or Senior Cost Consultant or as a Project Manager working for either a PQS/cost consultancy or building contractor or subcontractor.
- Experience of measurement software such as CostX Measurement Software or similar and the ability to manage colleagues using it.
- You will be able to manage multiple social housing projects simultaneously and deploy excellent time management strategies to ensure efficient working practices are undertaken by both yourself and the people around you.
- The successful applicant will be acting as Employer’s Agent managing new build projects as required by the scheme Development Agreement.
- Managing the provision and recording of essential plot handover information.
- Supervising the work of any assistants and apprentices in your team and helping them to their potential.
A degree or equivalent in a construction related field is preferred, possibly relating to Quantity Surveying, Cost Management or Project Management would be ideal.
Also Chartered status as a Chartered member of the RICS is highly desirable, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 2 years.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Senior PM / Senior QS candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
As an RICS accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice, they have an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
This leading construction consultancy employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary ranging 40-55k negotiable dependant on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- In-house and external training provided