Senior Project Manager
As the Senior Project Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for multiple construction projects running concurrently. These projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and in the residential and housing sector.
Senior Project Manager will be based at the office in Nottingham, with flexibility to work from home.
In the job role as a Senior Project Manager, you will take responsibility for one of multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Additionally, you will be mentoring and overseeing the work of a team of junior team members.
Most of this employer's projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and housing and property developers.
The successful Senior Project Manager candidate for this exciting job vacancy will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required.
A combination of office-based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Senior Project Manager job duties will be to:
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of an extensive programme of Affordable Housing work
- Act as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- To take responsibility for allocated client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you are working on.
- Act as the Employer’s Agent on Design & Build projects
- Follow the company Quality Management System during the delivery of all services
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in running your own projects as Project Manager for either a Private Practice, Construction Company, or related organisation.
- Must be experienced in Employers Agent role
- Experience in managing a small team is essential
- Development Agreement contracts experience is essential
- Experience of working in the affordable housing sector is desirable
- Experience of administering JCT contract is desirable
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- APM is desired, and help towards achieving APM is available
- A BSc in Construction related degree Management or equivalent level qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Senior Project Manager candidate will join this RICS Accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice that has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
They have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare, carehome, industrial, religious, heritage/conservation and insurance related work confirmed from repeat and new clients for a number of years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. Help with becoming MRICS is offered and can be seen as an attractive feature of this employer.
They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company.
Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommends them highly.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- Car Allowance
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 with time served)
- Professional fees paid
- In house and external training and support
- Discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)
- ‘Feel good Fridays' (dress down; pastries; early finish)