Senior Project Quantity Surveyor
Senior Project Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work as a Senior Cost Consultant based from the office in Central London on a range of exciting building, facades and sustainability related projects
As Senior Project Quantity Surveyor, you will have responsibility for your own projects, both pre and post contract as well as responsibility for supervising Project Quantity Surveyors and their work.
The portfolio of projects this employer undertakes are mostly high value office, retail and commercial buildings. They have a number of specialisms in relation to facades, BIM and also have extensive experience in relation to the cost management during the construction of tall buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Project QS, you will work independently on all of your projects, and will supervise Junior QS / Cost Management staff.
You will report to an Associate or Partner who will help with any contentious issues or matters requiring higher level sign off. As an indication, your Senior Project QS / Senior Cost Manager job duties will include:
- Working on and working with Senior QS colleagues to prepare Cost Plans & Cost Estimates and supervising junior Quantity Surveying staff
- Preparation and supervision of tender enquiry documents
- Checking Bills of Quantity
- Undertaking and supervising take offs
- Managing the preparation of feasibility reports
- Managing the contractor liaison process
- Supervising valuations
- Supervising cost/ value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Cost Plans & Cost Estimates and ideally management experience in this area
- Experience with the preparation of tender enquiry documents and ideally management experience in this area
- Able to check Bills of Quantity
- Experience with supervising take offs
- Experience with feasibility reports
- Experience with contractor liaison management
- Experience with valuations
- Experience with cost/ value reconciliations and ideally management experience in this area
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is advantageous.
- MRICS is expected.
- Experience in helping junior staff in becoming Chartered is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading medium sized Quantity Surveying and Cost Management consultancy based in London. Their size allows them to make admirable efforts to slow climate change and undertake work with their community to improve it.
Their specialist focus relates to the cost management of tall buildings and building facades.
Full details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Contributory pension
- Private medical
- 38 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity / paternity scheme
- Quarterly appraisal of performance