Senior Quantity Surveyor
Exciting civil engineering Senior Quantity Surveyor job to work on a major project in Hampshire.
Responsible for the commercial function from project award to final account and project closure in c2029, this is a fantastic long-term project offering a great career opportunity for candidates with civil engineering contracting experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
Senior Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work on a major civil engineering and construction infrastructure project starting shortly in the Hampshire region.
Commercial Manager candidates based near Portsmouth, Southampton, Brighton, Crawley, Godalming, Camberley, Guildford or Basingstoke would be in a suitable location to travel to work on this major civil engineering contracting project that will run for around 7 years.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be assisting with the project setup and procurement and the commercial and contract management of a major civil engineering project through the construction phase to final account and projected closure in around 2029.
Full details of the project will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Responsibilities and Duties
The job duties of the major project Senior Quantity Surveyor in Hampshire will include:
- Assisting with commercial activities within a major project producing an efficient cost-effective financial result to the business.
- Advise on conditions of contract post contract award
- Follow procedures to quantify & cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement.
- Ensure timely submission of valuations and receipt of certificates.
- Ensure that payments are effected in accordance with the subcontract & Construction Act & ensure that any commercial threats or risks to projects are identified.
- Monitor project cash flow, valuation plan & projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Produce subcontract orders in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept and retained, including records that support claims.
- Review and ensure the relevant company procedures are complied with and rewrite procedures as and when appropriate.
- Prepare and report to senior management on financial and commercial aspects of projects from award to final payment using the CVR process.
- Ensure the commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed properly, from procurement to interim & final account agreement.
- Ensure that each subcontractors account is managed in accordance with their terms & conditions.
- Build, develop & maintain a network of strong relationships with key stakeholders such as subcontractors & clients.
- Keep the client informed of any variations to their budget & manage their expectations.
- Ensure financial and contractual performance forecasts are in place by the required deadlines.
- Ensure that project targets and the company’s Key Performance Indicators are achieved and that problems are identified and resolved at an early stage to assist in mitigation.
Desired Skills and Experience
The job experience required to perform the duties of the major project Senior Quantity Surveyor in Hampshire will require:
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyorr
- Have 10 years work experience within a Civil Engineering Construction contractor, ideally within the marine and/or water sector
- Extensive experience of managing & leading a Commercial team
- Experience of Dispute resolution in relation to project claims, ideally on a major civil engineering project
- NEC4 contract awareness / experience
- Experience of Financial Management – CVR’s & Financial reporting & processes including cost/cashflow forecasting
- Negotiating with clients and subcontractors
- A detailed knowledge & understanding of tendering & procurement processes
- Experience of leading all aspects of commercial activities within a major project producing an efficient cost-effective financial result to the business.
- Experience of giving advice on conditions of contract post contract award
- Experience of monitoring project cash flow, valuation plan & projected costs to completion in line with budget
- An HNC or BSc In Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
- MRICS / Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership status is preferred, but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well regarded national and international civil engineering and marine contractor with a strong order book of civil engineering projects and an excellent cashflow and financial position.
They are innovative in their methods of construction and are regular users of the NEC4 form of contract.
A full employer profile will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary is negotiable based on previous experience + Car + Package