Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor job with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Leicester.
Senior Quantity Surveyor for this role will be appointed to the Residential team.
This is a middle management role to be responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team of junior quantity surveyors.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be based at the office in Leicester, with flexibility to work from home.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will join housing / residential team and will manage a small team of 2 to 4 Junior Quantity Surveyors.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations, developers or relate to insurance work which is ongoing and expanding in scope.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
A combination of office-based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Senior Quantity Surveyor job duties will be to:
- Management and mentoring of a junior team, as well as training and assisting Quantity Surveying colleagues
- Undertake and manage a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- To take responsibility for allocated client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you are working on.
- Act as the Employer’s Agent on Design & Build projects
- Follow the company Quality Management System during the delivery of all services
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in running your own projects as Quantity Surveyor and / or Project Manager for either a Private Practice, Construction Company, or related organisation.
- Must be experienced in Employers Agent role
- Experience in managing a small team is essential
- Development Agreement contracts experience is essential
- Experience of working in the affordable housing sector is desirable
- Experience of administering JCT contract is desirable
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- MRICS is desired, although help towards achieving MRICS is available, as this employer offers a very strong and well-established APC programme.
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying Construction Cost Management or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Quantity Surveyor candidate will join this RICS Accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice that has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
They have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare, care home, industrial, religious, heritage/conservation and insurance related work confirmed from repeat and new clients for a number of years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. Help with becoming MRICS is offered and can be seen as an attractive feature of this employer.
They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company.
Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommends them highly.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- Car Allowance
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 with time served)
- Professional fees paid
- In house and external training and support
- Discretionary bonus
- Opportunity for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)
- ‘Feel good Fridays' (dress down; pastries; early finish)