An exciting role exists as a Site Manager to join the new Peterborough based office for one of the UK’s largest Housing Developers. The successful candidate will take up a newly created role and be responsible for planning the development of a site, managing all aspects of the construction process, including the quality, providing excellent customer service and ensuring Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
The hiring company are carrying out a wide range of residential schemes throughout the UK. This role is to be based out of the company’s new Peterborough based office and you will service projects throughout Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas. Projects will range from new build projects through to the renovation of existing buildings and brownfield sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Providing clear direction to the onsite construction team regarding responsibilities and targets
• Managing the day to day operation from foundation to completion, and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant including material lead times
• Ensuring the development is completed in accordance with specification and the build programme
• Providing accurate and regular reports on progress and dates
• Controlling additional costs for non-productive costs and prelim expenditure
• Driving through quality at every stage of the construction process
• Ensures the development pass internal and external inspection processes
• Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are followed and adhered to
• Taking responsibility for self-development and the development of others
• Monitoring and controlling the quality of production, and approve stage completions to payments to sub-contractors
• Ensuring any remedial work is completed prior to occupation
• Ensure customer service remains of the highest priority at all times with everyone on site
Desired Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience of working within established build programs
• Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation
• Assertive to ensure delivery of targets by on-site team and trades/labour.
• Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrates strong problem-solving ability.
• In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
• Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
• Ideally you will be qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest housebuilders with some 400+ developments ongoing across towns and rural areas throughout the UK. It is testament to their professionalism that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other house builder. This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company within the housing sector at the exciting period of the birth of a new Cambridgeshire office. Therefore you have a real opportunity to shape the identity and success of the business going forward.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Competitive Salary (guide salary: £38k - £48k – Neg.)
• 25 days holiday
• Money Purchase pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Flexible benefits
• Company car or cash allowance