A candidate with experience on-site in an operational role within the residential sector is required to take up the role of Site Supervisor for one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK.
This is a hands on role to support the project tea, by providing on-site supervision throughout all aspects of the refurbishment and maintenance programmes ensuring all required standards and regulations are being met. To assist on the project planning process and the customer service function with pre and post sale activities.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be significant travel involved around England and Wales. You will be expected to stay overnight in some locations from time to time and will need to visit the companies Milton Keynes office between 1 - 2 days a week.
Projects will range from the maintenance and refurbishment of individual or large plots of properties to complete new build housing developments.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report to the Project Manager and work closely as part of a small Project Team within the business, overseeing large volumes of projects within the residential sector.
This will be a hands on position and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the contractors on-site and ensuring projects are completed in a timely fashion and to high standards. You will also need to identify problems promptly as they arise and try to rectify where possible, as well as updating the Project Manager of such issues.
Specific duties will include:
- To carry out all required on site tasks during the pre-termination period on each project as directed.
- To assist in updating the ‘Project Plan’, an internal system that tracks key and critical tasks associated with each Project.
- To report on a regular basis to the Project Manager on quality and specification being achieved on site ensuring at all times they reflect the approved Project Definition.
- To become familiar with the agreed contract scope of works for each project and communicate back required variances to this scope of works to the Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor allowing the full impact to be determined as soon as possible.
- To provide regular reports to the Project Manager on all matters affecting build programmes and quality of work. This will include updating the internal systems as required.
- To provide a monthly health and safety report to the Head of Project management for all sites that you have a primary involvement in.
- To ensure that at the very least site presentation achieves the company’s standards at all times. This includes the co-ordination of the post build completion maintenance of a Project.
- To assist the Quantity Surveyor in the confirmation of variations by way of checking measurements on site or monitoring labour allocation.
- To attend and occasionally chair monthly Site Review Meetings with the contractors on site including taking and issuing accurate minutes.
- To provide regular supervision of and liaison with main and/or sub contractors to ensure that build programmes are achieved.
- To assist the Project Manager with the verification of site survey drawings and floor plans as required.
- To carry out snagging in completed properties and monitoring the completion of the identified items before liaising with and arranging the handover of the property to the sales team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience on-site in an operational role is essential for this position. Candidates at Assistant Site Manager, Sub Agent or a similar equivalent level would likely fit well into this role and see it as a 'step up' in responsibility
- Previous experience of working within the residential sector is strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience of inspecting sites and identifying common issues
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent organisational and planning skills are essential
- Good interpersonal skills are required. You will be frequently communicating with the Project Manager internally as well as with purchasers and contractors externally.
- A formal qualification in a relevant construction related subject is an advantage but not essential for this role
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company performs a unique role within the residential sector. They have a portfolio of residential properties on a huge scale and carry out maintenance, refurbishments and new builds within the housing sector.
The companies office is based near Milton Keynes and within 5 minutes from Junction 14 of the M1. They offer a market leading salary package, expert and dedicated training as well as actively encouraging promotions from within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £35k - £40k p/a Basic Salary
+ Company Car (BMW / Mercedes / Lexus) & fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ Up to 10% discretionary bonus (Based on performance)
+ 25 days holiday allowance
+ All lodging expenses paid (where required)