Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An exciting Assistant Quantity Surveyor job role to join a leading specialist interior fit-out contractor in Leicester. Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be working under the guidance of a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a range of luxury fit out projects.
The role is to assist Senior Quantity Surveyor in the financial management of the fit-out projects on a day-to-day basis.
The project portfolio includes fit out projects of £15m in value, such as luxury hotels and residencies, alongside commercial properties.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor candidate will be working with JCT form of contract or Design & Build (D&B), or bespoke client contracts.
This is a Leicester office-based role, with some travel to London required at times.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities will include:
- Aid in the procurement of Sub-Contractors, including the compilation of Sub-Contract comparisons and Sub-Contract orders.
- Attend Client and Sub-Contract meetings to aid and ensure that all commercial aspects are captured.
- Prepare and issue Sub-Contract payment certificates to the Accounts Department in good time ensuring that internal procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that Payment & Payless Notices are issuing within the Contracting timeframe.
- Have input into monthly internal reporting and external valuations.
- Report to the Senior/Quantity Surveyor on all issues relating to progress, performance, and cost control issues.
- Assist with the valuation of variations, additional works, and provisional sum’s etc.
- Assist with the preparation of Notices of Delay and Extensions of Time under the Contract, including any subsequent Loss/Expense Claims.
- Assist with the preparation and agreement of Final Account’s both client side and supply chain.
- Obtaining of Final Account statements from Sub-Contractors.
- Releasing of Sub-Contract retentions when the time is applicable.
- Ensure that the central filing system is maintained and kept in good order on the server.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of warranties where applicable.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferably at least 1 year experience in the construction industry as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
- Candidates from a fit-out background or a building main contractor background that includes fit out works are of particular interest
- Knowledge and experience with JCT form of contract.
- A good understanding of the construction industry and the role of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Ability to interact at different levels with other key members of the project team.
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload.
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career.
- IT skills, with proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Working towards or having qualified under BSc Hons Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Qs employer is a leading specialist interior fit-out contractor, with the head office based in Leicester. They are privately owned and been operating for over 100 years in a variety of prestigious interior sectors, including prestige hotels, commercial interiors and luxury residences.
They pride themselves on providing exceptional level of service to their clients, which fostered strong and lasting business relationships. They are expecting steady growth of the business in the years ahead.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Full package disclosed to shortlisted Assistant Quantity Surveyor Candidates.