A fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on new build social housing projects in the East Midlands and across the UK. Projects will largely be new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector.
The employer is a highly reputable Midlands based consultancy that has seen their turnover increase substantially in 2021 and are looking to expand further in 2022.
As the Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for one or multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and developers.
The successful Quantity Surveyor candidate will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required, so a driving license is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Quantity Surveyor job duties will require you to:
- Taking the lead on a range of construction projects and supervising the work of the Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Apprentices in your team and helping them to fulfil their potential.
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of QS / PM services on all projects you are working on.
- Actively looking to take on additional responsibility and able to stand in for the Associate or Senior QS when they are unavailable.
- Acting as Employer’s Agent on Design and Build projects.
- Following the company Quality Management System in the delivery of all services.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Treating all clients to exceptional level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in running own projects quantity surveying and / or project management for either a Private Practice, Construction Company or related organisation.
- Experience in insurance valuation and repair work would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software is desirable.
- Experience in running projects independently is required.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Driving license and a car.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Cost Management or a related field.
- Ideally, a Chartered member of the RICS, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 3 years of starting at this company.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
This RICS accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary ranging £30-45k negotiable dependant on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- In-house and external training provided