Project Quantity Surveyor
Our client is seeking to appoint a talented Project Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial management team on one of a number of land-mark projects across Hong Kong. They are a diverse international group incorporating build and civil contracting, property development as well as support services including asset management, operations & maintenance and environmental protection.
You will be responsible for coordinating with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation and control of construction projects, and carry out the following duties:
- Provide leadership in the effective management of project and in meeting project profit, safety, programme, environmental and quality objectives;
- Lead project team in coordinating preconstruction activities;
- Review project contract documents and claim submissions;
- Participate in the preparation of tenders;
Responsibilities and Duties
- Main Contract and Sub-contract budgeting, cost estimate, procurement, final account, VO valuation, measurement & other QS practices;
- Main Contract cost monitoring and control.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years’ experience, preferably with working experience in main contractors
- Preferably with working experience in E&M construction projects / building services contracts;
- Experience in NEC Option C contracts is advantageous;
- Experience in re-measurement, valuing variations, cost control, contract administration, claims preparation and dealing with sub-contractor’s accounts;
- Good Team player with positive mindset and strong sense of responsibility;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge in using SAP software will be an advantage;
- Well-versed in MS Office.
Degree holder or above in Quantity Surveying or other related engineering disciplines;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a construction, engineering and property development business founded 50 years ago and have been providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out, maintenance services and is a trusted brand in luxury property development both locally and overseas.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary package including sign on bonus and benefits available to the successful candidate.