A great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a reputable groundworks and RC Frame contractor, with office based in Slough. You will be expected to work independently, with regular rapport to the Commercial Director.
The successful candidate for this Intermediate Quantity Surveyor role will have experience working on groundworks projects.
Main responsibilities will include the measurement of works, calculation and agreement of variations and the production of interim valuation and final accounts.
Typical projects range in value from £250,00 to £2 million, and you will be based from the company’s head office in Slough. Quantity Surveyor will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, but also expected to work autonomously.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your core Intermediate Quantity Surveyor job duties will comprise:
- Take offs
- Conducting measurement of works
- Calculation and agreement of variations
- Final accounts
- Contract administration
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally previous experience of working as a QS for a subcontractor on RC Frame and groundworks projects
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of Conducting valuations
- Experience of Preparation of final accounts
- Experience of Variations (compensation/additional time / additional works)
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or similar is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer offers complete Groundwork and Civil Engineering (Labour, Plant and Materials) service to Main Contractors, Developers and Private Companies in Greater London and the Home Counties. They own an extensive fleet of modern, well-equipped excavators and ancillary plant.
Full details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary range of £50,000k to £65,000k dependant on experience