Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor / PQS / Assistant Cost Manager job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy, with office based in Leicester to work on building projects in the East Midlands and UK wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but highly reputable Midlands based consultancy who have seen their turnover increase substantially over the last 12 months and are looking to further expand during 2021 and beyond.
This employer client is seeking a Quantity Surveyor from a PQS background, who is capable of running their own projects and is either Chartered or is working towards their chartership.
They offer fantastic internal and external training and support to candidates looking to complete their APC diary and become chartered with the RICS.
As Assistant Cost Manager / Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting to the Senior QS, and will be working within a Cost Management team based from the Nottingham office.
Working from home for a few days a week can be offered by mutual agreement.
Project work comprises of live housing and residential projects, healthcare, industrial and commercial/office projects based in Leicester, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Cost Manager job role will involve pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties although there may be a principal focus will be on providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
Typical Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant duties will include assisting Senior QS colleagues with:
- Assisting with Cost Estimates
- Assisting with Schedules of Work
- Assisting with Builders' Quantities
- Assisting with Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as a Assistant QS / Cost Consultant / Employers Agent on building projects is preferred
- A combination of pre and post contract experience is desirable
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will have good communication skills and a diplomatic manner. You will be able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with client, contractors, subcontractors, and colleagues alike.
- Excellent planning and time management skills to have an organised and methodical approach to work.
- You will have great attention detail and commitment to quality.
- Driving license and own car.
A BSc in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or other construction related field or equivalent is expected.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, West Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development, and the payment of professional fees. The company enjoys a vibrant social interaction with staff and client customers, and they are looking forward to restarting varied staff social events as well as promoting charity fundraising events within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable Basic Salary dependant on experience
- Discretionary Bonus
- In house and external training provided