Associate Cost Consultant
An amazing opportunity for an Associate Cost Consultant to join a quantity surveying consultancy firm in Burnaby, British Columbia. Ideal candidate will be familiar with local construction industry in British Columbia, and full and deep understanding of Cost Planning and Project Monitoring services.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Successful Associate Cost Consultant candidate will join a collaborative team of Professional Quantity Surveyors who are passionate about growth, and be primarily responsible for site inspections, budget reviews, and progress claim approvals.
Associate Quantity Surveyor will be producing cost plans from drawings and estimating buildings costs of building projects.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of an Associate Cost Consultant/ Senior Quantity Surveyor will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing cost plans
- Preparing cash flow projection
- Assessing the project budget and time schedules
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements
- Checking designs in the context of budget preparation
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Reporting on, measuring and valuing variations
- Performing site inspections
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Interacting with consultants and trade contractors in a professional manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Associate Cost Consultant/ Associate Quantity Surveyor Candidate will have:
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of Cost Planning and Project Monitoring services from main contractor or quantity surveying practise background
- Proven leadership skills – people and marketplace
- Business development skills – strong business acumen
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and capability of carrying out cost and commercial duties
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Client service orientation
- Great team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly desirable
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS), Member of RICS is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This consultancy provides cost management and loan monitoring services. Successful candidate will be based in employer’s office in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Full details of this employer and the long-term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary negotiable based on experience
Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants