Associate Director – Delay
Delay Associate Director job based Dubai to work with Delay Experts on a range of high value Middle East and international projects that are working through the dispute process and may result in arbitration.
Based from Dubai, UAE, you are likely to work on and visit projects based in Dubai, other UAE Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi and Kuwait.
A Delay Associate Director job is available based in Dubai that would be suitable for a Delay Senior Consultant already working within specialist delay work either as a Delay Analyst or as a Senior Planner with active involvement within matters relating to delay.
Suitable candidates will be looking to take a Dubai-based role to specialise further within delay disputes work and will specifically want to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialist construction disputes industry providing independent expert opinion on delay matters and helping clients through complex arbitrations.
Strong analytical problem-solving, and communications skills are essential for this challenging construction delay role that will give you access to some of the world’s most exciting and challenging construction disputes underway in Dubai and the Middle East today.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director within the specialist delay division of the construction disputes business, you will work with the Dubai and Middle East quantum team, including noted delay experts and in consultation with members of the quantum team, to identify the best approach to individual arbitration matters in order to assist clients in attaining the desired legal outcome.
Reporting to a Managing Director based in Dubai, who will be a Lead Testifying Delay Expert, you will support their workload, undertaking senior delay-related duties relating to multiple arbitration and expert witness assignments as well as support aspects of live project work relating to project planning or other distressed project support work.
Specific Delay Associate Director Job Duties May Include:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across various construction and engineering projects to include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Dubai-based Associate Director Delay job role described above, it is expected that suitable Associate Director Delay candidates will have recent experience either as a Delay Consultant or Delay Senior Consultant, or as a Delay Associate Director in a smaller organisation.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience of assisting experts in arbitration-related work.
Middle East experience is welcome, however strong experience in the UK or a comparable advanced construction market is also desirable. In particular suitably experienced candidates for this Associate Director Delay job role will have:
- A minimum five years’ experience as a construction project planner; more is advantageous
- At least five years of good quality experience in a role that has strong exposure to delay-related matters & procedures, ideally in a premium delay and dispute consultancy
- The ability to use planning software such as Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT & FIDIC
- A demonstrable understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- Excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
- A detailed understanding of different methods of delay analysis and the ability to apply those methodologies, both prospectively and retrospectively.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting delay-related reports or briefing documents for management or stakeholders relating to construction delay claims, or ideally for litigation/arbitration (and show demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English)
- Be able to demonstrate strong skills using relevant software tools required to be able to access source data such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak & similar IT tools
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level Planners or Delay Analysts
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to a non-technical audience
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar
- Master’s degree in relevant construction specialism highly desirable, especially construction law LLM or similar
- Chartered or progress towards Chartership actively underway
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer provides the specialisms of both quantum and delay services in the Middle East, and has a regional hub based in Dubai, UAE. They offer independent expert opinion services to their large international client base around the world and specifically in the Middle East.
They specialise in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, and other specialist services across a number of sectors.
Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
The experts working for this organisation have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and quantum matters, and their dispute services include forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous all in salary to cover accommodation and living costs
- Annual bonus that can reach the equivalent of 2 months salary
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance