Clerk of Works
An attractive opportunity for a Clerk of Works to join a leading project and cost consultancy to inspect new build high rise projects for local authorities around North and West London area. The candidate for this Clerk of Works vacancy must have experience inspecting residential projects, within public and private sectors.
The project portfolio includes new build high rise projects. The clients include local authorities and registered social housing providers.
The Clerk of Works will be responsible for checking that all elements of construction are in accordance with relevant regulations, carrying out pre-handover snagging and end of defect inspections.
The successful candidate for this Clerk of Works role will be covering residential sites in the North & West London, including Wembley, Harrow and Hounslow.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Clerk of Works duties will involve:
- Visiting and inspecting residential building works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Communicating and escalating any defects to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- Reporting any contravention of Health & Safety regulations to the client.
- Completing written site inspection reports to the client and employers agent within deadlines.
- Organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
- To attend handover inspections where agreed and check over handover documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of carrying out site inspections on residential builds
- Experience working on affordable housing with local authorities and providers of social housing would be ideal
- Good understanding and knowledge of Buildings regulations & NHBC
- A good understanding of various types of construction including MMC and the ability to read construction drawings
- Having an organised and methodical approach to work
- Must be conversant in Microsoft office
- Full, clean driving license required
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Clerk of Works employer is a leader in housing consultancy services to the public sector. They are construction and project management consultancy who deliver viable affordable housing projects. They work with housing organisations, local authorities and house builders, supporting them throughout all stages from inception to asset management.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Bonus incentive
- Pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- 28 days holiday + birthday + Christmas
- Professional subscriptions