Senior Clerk of Works
An opportunity for a Senior Clerk of Works with experience in both new-build and refurbishment to join a multi-disciplinary practice to undertake inspections of building works in progress around Greater London and home counties.
The successful candidate for this Senior Clerk of Works role will have experience in both new-build and refurbishment, as well as detailed knowledge of various forms of construction and ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress.
Main responsibilities will include undertaking regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress and quality, verifying compliance with contractual drawings. The work will also involve close liaison with Main Contractors’ site teams to review and advise on quality management.
There may also be a requirement to visit manufacturer’s factories/yards to review quality further afield, so a full driving licence is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer’s requirements
- Preparing written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
- Completing regular inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- Organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
- Maintaining a good client relationship throughout
- Keeping yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of inspecting new-build and refurbishment projects
- Experience of writing well-presented reports to a high standard
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good up to date technical knowledge and the ability to read construction drawings
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook (Excel is desirable but not essential)
- Full driving license required
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations. The vision of this employer is to be identified as a trusted client advisor, national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the build environment. They pride themselves in reliable personal service, provided by motivated, professional technical experts. They reward their hard-working staff with benefits and are keen to get you working towards professional qualifications.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary range of £45,000 to £48,000 dependant on experience
Package – to be confirmed with suitable candidates