Civil engineering recruitment from the UK! Our client is a seasoned, highly regarded, building and civil engineering contractor, based in Hong Kong, adopting smart ways of working to safely deliver cutting edge construction projects for their clients. They welcome applications for an Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
You will be stationed in their project office on the airport and be responsible to drive safety, quality and progress within budget on a build and civils hybrid project or section of a major project.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Project Manager, you will report to the project Director and be responsible for coordinating with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation and control of construction projects, and carry out the following duties:
- Responsible for overall project management to ensure timely delivery, safety, profitability and client satisfaction
- Plan, monitor and control project progress
- Responsible for the overall financial, commercial and technical matters of the responsible project
- Ensure that all construction activities are complied with the Company, contractual and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, subcontractors and our project team
- Lead project team in coordinating preconstruction activities;
- Review project contract documents and claim submissions;
- Ensure all company policies and plans are aligned to the broader group processes and systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 15 years relevant experience in civils works, with at least 5 years holding a managerial position. Those with less experience can be considered for Assistant Project Manager
- Able to work independently, mature with good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in English with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates must be UK educated with a University Degree in Civil / Building Engineering or equivalent;
- Member of HKIE / ICE or other recognized professional bodies highly preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a construction and engineering business providing for the past 60 years, innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia. They are offering not only world class civil engineering contractor jobs but construction careers!
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large-scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out and design services and is a trusted brand both locally and overseas.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel! Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim is providing recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates who have been educated in UK and interested in contractor jobs abroad to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous yearly bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Staff welfare and well-being programme