An exciting client-side Project Management role based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire to work for one of the largest owners of private residential properties in the UK.
This is a highly appealing role for any construction project managers, to work with a client who has a unique and successful business model, which offers unrivalled continuity of work for 10+ years.
This is a client-side role, working directly for one of the largest owners of residential property in the UK.
Typical project work will relate to the refurbishment, and some new build of residential properties. As Project Manager, you will report to and support the Senior Project Manager in the day-to-day monitoring, management and reporting of projects.
Successful Project Manager candidate will be based in the Bedfordshire office, with flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
There are 5 main purposes to this Project Manager role:
Support Sales and Marketing
Health & Safety
Training & Development
- Oversee projects from termination to final sales and through any guarantee period including all Project Management related tasks
- Work with Estimator and Technical team on the management and preparation of all required specification and contractual documentation for tendering/negotiation of the refurbishment works.
- Report on a regular basis to the Senior Project Manager on programme, quality and specification being achieved on site ensuring at all times they reflect the approved Project Definition.
- Report on a regular basis to the Senior Project Manager on the Project Risks.
- Manage and direct the pre-start and ongoing review meetings with contractors. In accordance with the agreed procurement strategies and timescales.
- Ensure build programmes and handover schedules are up to date and accurate at all times and to manage the handover of units from contractor to build and from build to sales.
- Oversee the post completion activities. Including the handover of sites to the management company agents.
- Maintain the standard and quality of works on all projects.
- Assist in the management and preparation of all required information for the appraisal and definition budget processes.
- Validating Main Contractor applications for payment by reporting on progress and quality of work.
- Assist in the validation of any contract variations and issue of formal instructions
Support Sales & Marketing:
- Ensure that project presentation is of an acceptable standard pre-launch and throughout the sales process.
- Liaise with sales and marketing as appropriate in relation to design and specification.
Health & Safety:
- Implement the Company’s health and safety policy, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with a healthy and safe working environment and that all responsible staff are aware of their responsibilities in respect of their role, monitoring data and recommending action as required.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of the Company Health & Safety Policy and the required obligations as an employee.
- Participate fully and effectively in any employee consultations and training sessions.
Training & Development:
- Responsible for identifying and proposing own training and development needs.
- Maintain a reasonable understanding of company-wide issues in relevance to the role.
- Contribute to the efficient operation and positive interaction of and between all property team members.
- A BSc in Construction related discipline or similar is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes nationwide. This a great opportunity to work with a unique business where you will gain an unusually exciting variety of experience in all areas of the build process, from pre contract stage through to project completion.
Full details of the employer will be provided to shortlisted Project Manager candidate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £55k - £60k (Depending on experience)
+ Company Car (BMW / Mercedes / Lexus) & fuel card
+ Bupa Medical Cover for self, spouse and family
+ Life Insurance
+ 25 days holiday allowance
+ All lodging expenses paid (where required)