New Quantity Surveyor job role to support the commercial function of a water engineering company with an office located in Bedford.
Quantity Surveyor will be working as part of the projects team, with Commercial Manager and Project Managers to manage project costs and value. The role will include Cost recording and forecast updates, recording of site works for monthly applications (including assessing and agreeing applications from key subcontractors) and other general contract management duties.
It is expected that your time will be split between the office (Kempston, Bedford) site visits and working from home.
Responsibilities and Duties
Quantity Surveyor duties will be to:
- Procure and administer sub-contract packages with support from the Commercial/ Contracts Manager and Project Managers.
- Maintain project forecasts.
- Measurement records for sub-contract works.
- Update costs on a regular basis.
- Assist Project Managers with cost and value reporting.
- Work with and assist the project team with managing the requirements of the contract, notifications etc.
- Assist Commercial Manager and Finance Manager with cashflow management and reporting.
- Monitor project performance against budget and assist Project Managers and Commercial Manager with reporting variances.
- Communicate commercial learnings throughout the business to improve performance and reduce duplication of errors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a contractor’s organisation. Experience in a MEICA contracting organisation desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of NEC 3 & 4 contract conditions
- Relevant CSCS qualification
- Full driving licence
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with team members, clients and suppliers.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- A qualification in Quantity Surveying such as a BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer provides complete “turnkey” projects, mechanical engineering services and process technologies to the water and wastewater, utilities, food and beverage, power, and industrial process industries.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus