A rare and exciting opportunity to join a leading international construction disputes and expert witness consultancy in an entry level Quantum Consultant job role.
A fantastic opportunity for a capable and ambitious Quantity Surveyor with circa 5 years of Quantity Surveying experience.
Do you have a desire to make their first move into a specialist construction disputes role? If so, this is a great opportunity to begin a rewarding career in the world of construction disputes.
The successful candidate will work for a large, multi-national and multi-disciplinary consultancy that specialises in a number of areas including construction disputes and construction and engineering expert witness work.
You will work in a supporting role, using your Quantity Surveying and technical knowledge to support a leading expert witness in carrying out the quantum analysis for major worldwide disputes and construction and engineering projects.
This Quantum Consultant job role is based in Central London & can offer home working for a few days a week also.
Whilst working in London, you will gain experience in supporting the lead testifying expert in carrying out Quantum related analysis on domestic and international disputes that are often heading for arbitration and litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
This will be an entry level role into construction disputes and expert witness work. You will work closely alongside a Who’s Who Legal (WWL) recognised expert witness and provide them with support in analysing data and correlating sections of reports in relation to disputes on projects that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Supporting the Arbitration, Litigation and Adjudication process
- Analysing big data. i.e. Analysing large quantities of claims documentation relating to the dispute and having the ability to quickly understand the key issues and components.
- Using Excel and similar programs to input and analyse quantum data relating to the dispute
- Provision of specialist expert advice to external clients
- Drafting sections of the expert report for the lead expert
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have experience in Quantity Surveying. Exactly how much depends on the quality of experience. Knowledge of contracts, entitlements and final accounts and claims work is most important. You should be able to carry out the vast majority of the typical duties and responsibilities of a QS, also including procurement, vauation and measurement work.
- You will have experience of working for a reputable construction employer for a prolonged period of time, and able to show loyalty to an employer and have worked on projects throughout their lifecycle and working to industry leading systems and procedures.
- Candidates should be well researched into the role of a quantum consultant and the career path that can be enjoyed from working within disputes and with expert witness. You must be able to demonstrate a strong motivation to move into a construction disputes role, as well as long term ambitions to progress your career in this specialist sector.
- Candidates should be highly methodical and analytical in their approach to work.
- An understanding of claims and how a claim is put together is advantageous, however candidates with little experience of dealing with claims will also be considered, as full training and support can be provided on this front.
- A high standard of written English is essential in order to be able to write sections of reports that may be used as evidence in court. Full training on the processes and procedures relating to construction disputes will be provided, however, candidates will need a strong foundation in written English. i.e. ability to write and present work in a highly literate and professional manner
- Candidates must present as highly professional in their demeanour and working practices
- Suitable candidates will be qualified to Degree level (or equivalent) as a minimum.
- Membership of a professional body (such as the RICS) and / or higher education qualifications such as MSc in Construction Law are advantageous, but are NOT essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a large, multinational consultancy with offices throughout the World. Their UK head office is based in Central London.
You will work for a highly reputable, market leading, specialist consultancy and alongside a WWL recognised Quantum expert.
You will gain experience on working on exciting disputes relating to domestic and international projects in this role, and you will be given all the support and opportunities to develop your career and progress within the construction disputes team.
A truly fantastic opportunity for the right candidate wanting to make the transition into construction disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £40k - £55k Basic Salary