Quantum Senior Associate Director
Quantum Senior Associate Director job in Birmingham to work with Quantum Experts on a range of high value international projects that are heading towards resolution through the process of arbitration or litigation
A Quantum Senior Associate Director job is available in Birmingham that would be suitable for a Senior Consultant already working within quantum disputes or would also suit a Senior Quantity Surveyor currently working with a major contractor on decent sized UK projects and live contracts.
Suitable candidates will be looking for a promotion to work within specialist quantum disputes work and would most like to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialist construction disputes industry.
Strong analytical problem solving, and communications skills are essential for this challenging construction quantum role that will give you access to some of the world’s most interesting and challenging construction disputes heading towards or actively being adjudicated arbitrated or litigated in the world today.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Associate Director within the specialist Quantum division of the construction disputes business, you will work with the Birmingham quantum team, including noted quantum experts and members of the delay team, to identify the best approach to individual litigation/arbitration matters in order to assist clients in attaining the desired legal outcome.
Reporting to a Manager who will often also be a Lead Testifying Quantum Expert, you will work to support their workload, undertaking senior quantum related duties relating to multiple arbitration, expert witness and adjudication assignments as well as support aspects of live project work relating to contract administration or other distressed project support work.
Specific Quantum Associate Director Job Duties May Include:
- Analysis of construction accounts, costs, values and payments to identify errors or opportunities
- Undertake technical analyses using appropriate methodologies and prepare reports on findings that can be incorporated within expert reports used in arbitrations and adjudications
- Write sections of quantum expert reports for checking by the quantum expert
- Provide specialist quantum related advice to the client through reports and presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Senior Associate Director Quantum job role described above, it is expected that suitable Senior Associate Director Quantum candidates based in Birmingham will have recent experience either as a Quantum Consultant or Quantum Senior Consultant, or as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Quantity Surveyor with a premium reputable UK main contractor.
In particular suitably experienced candidates for this Associate Director Quantum job role will have:
- 10 or more years’ experience working in a relevant Quantity Surveying or cost controls capacity for a reputable contractor (possibly a premium cost consultancy company covering both pre and post contract works and contractual matters)
- Will have had experience of overseeing and managing the commercial administration of various construction contracts, assessing claims for legitimacy and quantum, and leading on the resolution of disputes with the supply chain
- Experienced and capable of managing, administering and understanding key forms of contract such as NEC3 ECC & PSC contracts, framework agreements, and bespoke forms of contracts (e.g. minor works and major design contracts)
- Previous experience of undertaking claims assessments, undertaking dispute discussions, handling risk identification and mitigation matters, and able to undertake contract reviews.
- Be able to evidence specific experience of or interest in construction disputes, to include claims, arbitration and/or litigation procedures
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting reports or briefing documents for management or stakeholders relating to construction claims, or ideally for litigation/arbitration (and show demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English)
- Be able to demonstrate strong skills using relevant software tools required to be able to access source data such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak & similar tools
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level staff
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to non-technical audience
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or similar
- Master’s degree in relevant construction specialism highly desirable, especially construction law LLM or similar
- MRICS or MInstCES or equivalent is highly desirable or progress towards Chartership actively underway
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer provides the specialisms of both quantum and delay services and offers independent expert opinion services to their large international client base.
They specialise in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, and other specialist services across a number of sectors.
Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
The experts working for this organisation have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and quantum matters, and their dispute services include forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary
- Annual bonus
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance