Senior Cost Consultant
An amazing opportunity for Senior Cost Consultant to join a leading quantity surveying practice in Ottawa, Ontario. This is great chance to be a part of a bigger company with a wider field of work.
Employer rewards hard-working employees and supports career development through the pursuit of professional qualifications and more.
This is an exciting opportunity to be on-site for high-profile, complex construction projects from institutions such as schools and hospitals to mixed-use, office, and government buildings and corporate towers.
You will act as the liaison between the construction company and the financial institution, building relationships with project personnel and physically navigating the site to prepare trusted, accurate and complete reports and cost forecasting until completion and repayment of the mortgage.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Loan Monitoring Surveyor will be required to:
- Visit construction sites. You will review the contractor and subcontractor progress claims monthly.
- Track project budget, against cost-to-date and cost-to-complete.
- Report, to the lender, on the overall progress of the project and anticipated completion dates.
- Deliver pre-development services to establish the feasibility of the project and identify risks.
- Review the development schedule and develop cash flow projections.
- Prepare and submit a preliminary report to the lender before any loan advances are issued to the borrower, confirming the borrower’s equity.
- You will review all aspects, applications, and details.
- Review construction contracts and other forms of commitments to minimize any risks of completion of the project.
- Provide approvals on insured deposit advances, keeping the insurance lender up to date, and providing access to the funds.
- Process payment certification under construction contracts in compliance with the Provincial Lien Act.
- Negotiate change orders with contractors in accordance to the terms of the agreed contract.
- Perform reviews of all material financial project documentation implications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in loan and project monitoring.
- Senior level understanding of construction estimating, budgeting, planning, payment scheduling, and insurance for commercial development projects.
- Previous experience working as part of a construction, contractor, or development group focused on loan and project monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of RICS Project Monitoring guidelines, CIQS standard method of measurement, both elemental and trade, provincial lien acts, and CCDC standard contract conditions.
- Great communication skills, to clarify ambiguities and present information in a way that is structured and makes sense.
- A results oriented focus
- IT literate is essential, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- A degree or diploma in Architecture, Construction or Civil Technology, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Science, or a related field
- Working towards PQS designation, CIQS/RICS membership, or LEED accreditation.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium multidisciplinary organization is client service oriented and recognized at the top of their industry. In this Senior Loan Monitoring Surveyor role you will be on-site at multiple projects that range in scope and breadth, adding growth in employment and opportunity to communities.
You will work in a collaborative team, sharing best practices. You will be part of an energetic group that builds deep-rooted connections, spending time together at summer socials, sports events, and even camping.
Full details of this exceptional employer and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary negotiable based on experience, $100-120k
- Career growth opportunities, such as support in CIQS designation
- Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants