A Cost Consultant with loan monitoring experience is required to work in Ottawa, Ontario within the cost and project management team to act as the interface between lenders and developers.
Applications are welcome from high calibre Loan Monitoring experienced candidates from within Canada or from Loan Monitoring professionals who are committed to coming to work in Ottawa, Canada who are eligible to apply for a work permit or right to work with this potential employer's help.
A fantastic Cost Consultant job role for a leading QS/Cost/PM/Loan Monitoring consultancy based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The successful applicant will be working within the Cost Consulting & Project Management division.
Working with the loan monitoring team, the you will review and verify all project-related documentation and contracts, prepare and track all budgets, commitments and costs incurred, and forecast an independent cost-to-complete for the project.
In this role you will be responsible for acting as the independent interface between lenders and developers.
You will also also track the projected revenues, development approvals, compliance documentation, construction contracts and committed revenue, and provide in?depth monthly reporting on the project until completion and repayment of the mortgage.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will immediately become an integral part of the project monitoring team and your role will combine the following:
- Managing projects from feasibility through to final account
- Advising clients on all aspects of the development process ensuring legal and technical due diligence
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Identifying any risk factors throughout the project
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Loan Monitoring Surveyor Candidate will have:
- Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or similar background and will be able to demonstrate evidence of working at either a Senior Consultant level or at Partner level within Loan Monitoring work.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of project monitoring ideally for a bank or lender
- Good knowledge and understanding of computer based estimating software such as Planswift or CostX, excel, cost database management and other related computer applications
- Great team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- IT skills with high levels of proficiency in MS
- Driving license
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly desirable
- Professional membership of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium consultancy provides cost consultancy, estimating, engineering, and project management services to the global construction industry.
For this role candidate will be based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with hybrid working options available.
Full details of this exceptional employer and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary negotiable based on experience
- Package with health and dental benefits, above average vacation, RRSP matching, bonuses, sick days and more