Cost Consultant Loan Monitoring
This an amazing opportunity for a Cost Consultant, Loan Monitoring Surveyor to join a leading quantity surveying practice in Ottawa, Ontario.
Applications are welcome from high calibre Loan Monitoring experienced candidates from within Canada or from Loan Monitoring professionals who are committed to coming to work in Ottawa, Canada who are eligible to apply for a work permit or right to work with this potential employer's help.
Project Monitor is required to join a Cost Management team in Ottawa, Ontario immediately.
The bank monitoring / loan monitoring / lenders technical advisor job role will be split between performing pre-construction project due diligence duties and project monitoring of live construction progress on site.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
The primary role of the Loan Monitoring Surveyor will be to focus on complex building projects and the key financial monitoring and reporting processes to ensure smooth and profitable financial closure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare front-end cost reports by understanding unit rates, general conditions and pricing estimates
- Provide pro-active cost management advise and ensure the Clients understand the content of our reports
- Preparation of estimates in accordance with the CIQS elemental format and, where required, divisional trade format
- Preparation of estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage
- Conduct quality assurance and quality checks (QA/QC) of cost management reports
- Assessment and analysis of any cost variances between estimate stages
- Preparation of change order review analysis and lifecycle cost estimates
- Assessment of cost-to-complete and work-in-place for construction work during periodic site visits
- Maintain and update cost estimating database for labour and material rates on a regular basis
- Conducts business development activities by networking and cross-selling
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or similar background and will be able to demonstrate evidence of working at a senior Consultant level within Loan Monitoring work.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of all classes of estimates from conceptual to pre-tender estimates for various types of projects
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment and initiative
- Self-motivated with good organizational, communication and report writing skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of computer based estimating software such as Planswift or CostX, excel, cost database management and other related computer applications
- Ability to build client and working relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrates attention to detail to produce quality work
- Good time management and meets deadlines
- Driving License
- The right to work in in Canada
- University Degree or equivalent to any of the following, Quantity Surveying, Construction, and Structural and Civil Engineering
- Working towards professional accreditation (CIQS, PQS, MRICS)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions.
The right candidate will get to work on meaningful projects that impacts communities globally and enjoy workplace flexibility with the freedom from a hybrid program.
This company possesses dynamic company culture, and they invest in their employee’s professional growth through continuous learning and professional development opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary negotiable based on experience
- Competitive compensation package with health and dental benefits, above average vacation, RRSP matching, bonuses, sick days and more