Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a small Housing Developer that operates in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be involved in the commercial side of multiple speculative housing developments in Harpenden and Radlett, Hertfordshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor on these projects and will be expected to assist in commercial matters including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working on construction projects is essential. Specific experience working on housing developments is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate
- Hard working
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Degree or similar equivilent in Quantity Surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a family run Housing Developer that operate in the Hertfordshire region. This company was established over a century ago and they specialise in high quality, luxury housing.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k-£35k per annum + benefits