Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a specialist sub-contractor who manufacture and install balconies onto high rise projects in the South East region. The successful candidate will be based out of the company’s head office in Reading, Berkshire but will be required to travel to sites in Central London on occasions due to the frequency of work within the capital.
Whilst the Head Office is based in Berkshire, the vast majority of the company’s business is situated in central London. The employer typically supplies and installs modular balconies to tier 1 contractors and developers on high rise projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will assist senior commercial staff with their duties on multiple projects. Typical duties you will be involved in will include:
- Managing payments
- Financial reporting
- Attending site meetings
- Assisting with the production of various reports
- Cost value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have some previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally for a main / sub-contractor in the construction industry.
- Exposure to pre and post contract duties would be advantageous, however is not essential
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Candidates should hold a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying. Ideally HND or higher.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leader in the manufacturing and supply of balconies. They work with some of the leading developers and main contractors in the London area installing modular balconies onto high rise residential towers.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £32k