Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction quantum claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction.
- Assist clients on dispute resolution, claims management and commercial and contracts administration matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- To produce good quality claims documents independently
- Provide management input into contractual and associated quantum matters
- Supervise and manage a team of consultants
- Able to develop, accounts manage and grow work with new Singapore based dispute clients
- Undertake negotiations and maintain good relationship with clients
- Keen to attend & is effective at networking functions to develop further business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable applicants will have extensive quantum claims management experience both in Singapore and in the UK or elsewhere in the world
- Candidate with previous Singapore experience/knows the Singapore market well is highly desired
- Experience in different types of contracts, e.g. NEC, FIDIC and so on;
- Proven track record of experience in managing a team of staff
- Proven track record of good client facing and business development skills
- Experience in oil & gas project would be counted as extra merit
- Fluent in spoken and written in English is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Quantity Surveying/Engineering or Construction Management.
- Member of a professional body such as RICS or CIOB is highly preferable.
- Additional qualifications such as an MSc in construction Law or FCIArb would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic global consultancy with offices across Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. It has strong reputation in providing consultancy services including commercial and contract management, planning, programming and scheduling, and dispute resolution support services to the engineering and construction industries.