BD and Technical Director For Innovative Construction TechnologiesRef MAX8489 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong, Kwung Tong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
The Construction Innovation and Technology Application Centre (CITAC) of the Construction Industry Council (CIC) is a showcase of innovative techniques and technologies that are suitable for adoption in the Hong Kong construction industry to bring greater productivity, sustainability and safety. CITAC also serves as a platform to facilitate mutual exchange of ideas and information and strengthen collaboration.
The CIC is seeking an outstanding professional who is passionate about exploring and identifying advanced technologies, promoting and facilitating their adoption in the construction industry, and to be responsible for the overall development, enhancement and operation of the CITAC.
The CITAC is a showcase of innovative techniques and technologies that are suitable for adoption in the Hong Kong construction industry to bring greater productivity, sustainability and safety. The facility also serves as a platform to facilitate mutual exchange of ideas and information and strengthen collaboration.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Director – Industry Development, the incumbent is expected:
(1) to collaborate and work together with the CITAC Management Board to develop business strategies for promoting the facility as a hub of innovation and advanced technologies, to disseminate information of innovation and advanced technologies and, most importantly, to promote and implement the practical application of these technologies in the industry;
(2) to develop local, regional and international network of partnership with the community, professional bodies, industry and various stakeholders;
(3) to develop marketing strategies to promote the CITAC as the hub of education / information / exhibition for innovation and advanced and cutting edge technologies with local tertiary and research institutions and professional bodies as well as to increase the awareness of the general public;
(4) to advise and report the development strategies of the CITAC to the relevant Committees and to provide secretariat support to the relevant Committee and its various Task Force Groups;
(5) to identify and collect the need for practical research initiatives from the industry and to identify suitable local tertiary and research institutions and professional bodies for taking forward the initiatives;
(6) to manage, oversee and ensure the smooth operations of the CITAC; and
(7) to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
(1) a minimum of 12 years’ post-qualification experience in business development / research & development / marketing in construction related companies or organisations, of which no less than 8 years in senior management positions;
(2) a strong knowledge of global trends of innovations and advanced technologies relating to the construction industry and strategies in large, multi-cultural and complex organisations;
(3) strong business acumen and with proven track record of soliciting and developing business partnership with various stakeholders;
(4) proven record in soliciting sponsorship and in securing funding, familiar with government procedures and governance of public organisations;
(5) excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to articulate vision and mission of the facility persuasively and to engage different stakeholders of diverse backgrounds successfully;
(6) good connection with local and international professional communities, industry stakeholders and counterparts;
(7) experience in managing similar organisations and in providing secretariat support to Committees and Board of Directors would be a definite advantage;
(8) a high level of integrity and a strong sense of passion and commitment towards the promotion of innovative technologies to the construction industry in Hong Kong
(9) excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
A recognised degree, preferably with relevant postgraduate and / or professional qualifications in construction / engineering or related disciplines;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
CIC is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters. This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
- Managing Quantity Surveyor Central Birmingham - Circa £60k + Car Allowance + Benefits
- Alternative Finance Procurement AFP PPP P3 Specialist Toronto, Ontario - CAD $225,000 - $250,000 (GBPc140k) Negotiable
- China Quality Control Manager - Welded Vessel Fabrication Wuxi, near Shanghai - Neg
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend