Australian infrastructure projects are booming and civil engineering recruitment continues at pace. Our client is a tier one Australian civil engineering contractor operating across New South Wales and Victoria. They are seeking to appoint an experienced hands on Bid Director with major infrastructure, roads, tunnelling experience and Australian PR or Australian citizenship to join their pre-contracts team, based in Sydney or Melbourne.
You will be based full time in the client’s regional headquarters in Sydney or Melbourne.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Coordinate with relevant business functions to obtain the relevant resources necessary to assemble a bid team and produce the bid.
• Manage partnering and supplier relationships including defining the contribution required of partners using relevant teaming agreements and leading the commercial negotiations.
• Development of the offer price and the commercial shape of the proposal.
• Lead the review and challenge of submissions prepared by other parts of the business.
• Develop and implement initiatives to improve the quality, cost effectiveness, compliance and success of all tender submissions.
• Mentoring the team with best practice approaches and behaviours
• Design and deliver the solution, the target cost, margin and offer price necessary to be both profitable and commercially competitive.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Significant experience of major civil infrastructure tender preparation and management.
• Strong commercial awareness and experience of a range of commercial models.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills both written and verbal
• Write high quality and compelling proposal material.
• Assemble, lead and maintain a dedicated team to deliver within demanding timescales.
• Liaise with external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
• Key stakeholder connections across industry and government are highly desirable.
• Strong negotiator
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
• Enthusiastic and energetic and a team player.
• Work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Highly organised and able to effectively prioritise work
- A relevant degree is required.
- Australian Citizenship or the current right to work in Australia is essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a highly regarded civil infrastructure main contractor operating nationally throughout Australia and internationally. They benefit from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, road, highway, bridge and transportation projects in Australia and continuously tendering to increase their market share.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary and comprehensive benefits
- Annual Bonus and performance related bonus