Civil Engineering Coordination Manager
One of a kind construction contractor jobs in Hong Kong. Our client, an international civil engineering main contractor, is seeking to appoint an experienced and senior level Civil Engineer to act as Coordination Manager for their marine project at Hong Kong Airport.
You will be based in the project office at Hong Kong Airport.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will support the Project Manager and be responsible for all co-ordination and interface matters. You will ensure that the relevant sections of the works are well planned to allow the least possible interference to the JV works and also the works of the interfacing contractors;
- You will be responsible for full range of project coordination activities including design, procurement, construction, logistics and site issue with various departments, clients, stakeholder and subcontractors
- You will be responsible for coordinating all prerequisites from other Departments to ensure timely delivery
- You will resolve design and construction issues and communicate effectively with the Client and other contractors
- You will attend the Pre-night Works Meetings held at 2300 hours at the Airfield Operations Centre
- You will make all necessary arrangements and obtain all necessary approvals from all relevant Authorities and Utility Undertakings
- You will maintain close liaison with and coordinate the execution of the Works with other contractors, Relevant Authorities and Utility Undertakings and develop and maintain good working relationships with client, consultants, interfacing contractors, sub-contractors, and other professionals as well as government departments to ensure smooth running of the project and enhance JV reputation;
- You will make adequate allowance in the Works Programme and submit Interface Management Plans and to prepare Interface Activity Schedules
- You will be responsible for submitting Combined Services Drawings and to coordinate Builders Works Drawings with other contractors
- You will assist other JV departments in Quality Control, Safety and Environmental exercises where and when required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant project management and coordination experience preferably on Hong Kong airport
- Familiar with Buildings Department submission and ordinances
- Proven experience in engineering and project coordinator role on a large project.
- Strong background working with main contractors
- Ability to deal with multi-cultural team sensitivities
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential;
- Willing and able to work independently and have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong Computer skills, experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
- One of the top 10 construction companies in Hong Kong, Our client is an International civil and build contractor with an enviable portfolio of mega projects globally and aggressive plans to expand in Hong Kong and Asia. Civil Engineering recruitment doesn't get better than this!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary package available to the right candidate.