Summary of Claims Consultant
A claims consultant is needed to join a world-wide consulting firm specializing in the construction industry globally. You will be working on exciting civil engineering and building. If you are keen to progress yourself to be a claims specialist, it will be an excellent start point!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Assist senior staff to produce good quality claims documents
- Assisting with extension of time claims preparation & advice
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
- Assist clients on dispute resolution and claims planning matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Compiling claims on prolongation costs, disruption costs (measured-mile)
- Undertake negotiations with clients
- Keen to attend & is effective at networking functions to develop further business
Desired Skills and Experience
- PQS or contracting experience in a commercial environment desirable;
- Keen to progress into claims work
- Claims experience from contracting/consulting is highly desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to ground conditions & how to manage resulting claim situations is desired.
- Experience in contracts, e.g. NEC, FIDIC and so on;
- Ability to speak and write fluent English is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management is desired.
- Member of a professional body such as RICS or CIOB is preferable.
- Additional qualifications such as an MSc in construction Law or FCIArb would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic global consultancy with offices across Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. It has strong reputation in providing consultancy services including commercial and contract management, planning, programming and scheduling, and dispute resolution support services to the engineering and construction industries.