Hong Kong Island
Responsibilities and Duties
- advise on contractual, commercial & claims management for contractors
- assist on dispute resolution and claims planning matters for large scale civil and building projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the preparation and rebutal of civil engineering claims is essential.
- A knowledge of issues relating to ground conditions & how to manage resulting claim situations is expected.
- Experience working for a contractor preparing claims is desirable to understand the claims you will be reviewing and evaluating.
- Experience as a Commercial Manager for a contractor on a major rail infrastructure or civil engineering project is desirable background experience.
- Fluent in English; Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are strongly desirable but not necessary
- Professional qualifications such as MRICS, MHKIS, InstCES, MCIOB, ACIArb etc are desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well known local consultancy that operates in the building, civil engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering, utilities, infrastructure and transportation sectors of the construction industry.
The company has extensive experience in the management of MTRC contracts, and have worked on civil engineering, rail & building projects for many years. They are specialists in offering contractual advice, especially in relation to the New Engineering Contract (NEC) which is becoming increasingly popular in Hong Kong and is to be used by the MTRC on a number of contracts.