Claims Manager - ArbitrationRef MAX8081 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Working closely with the commercial leadership team and legal counsel, you will be instrumental in protecting the company's interests in multiple multi million $$ prolongation claims which are or will be at arbitration stage. Your location in Hong Kong, Asia is potentially flexible however you will be required to travel.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Claims Manager reporting to leadership team
• Provide management, advice and oversight to commercial management team to successfully conclude current major prolongation (loss & expense) claims.
• Management and oversight of multi-disciplinary teams including Forensic Planners, Project Planners, administration/data controllers, contracts managers and outside consultants and counsel.
• Regular reporting of progress – works achieved, information requested and outstanding, issues impacting delivery, resource tracking – utilised versus planned,
• Presenting to management / board level
• Onward negotiation of claims as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Significant exposure to and experience of claims management and in particular arbitrations
• Specific experience in prolongations claims
• Extensive work with contractors with demonstrable experience including claims preparation, management of delay analysis and claim evaluation
• UK, Middle East and SE Asia experience would be preferred
• Broad experience across all sectors – civils, build, O&G etc.
• Strong contract/commercial knowledge – all major forms of contract and bespoke agreements
• Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Master's LLM or equivalent
• Member of Chartered Institute (CIArb, RICS) or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major Asian based construction, engineering & property firm with an ever expanding portfolio of projects. The company is seeking to appoint a claims specialist to represent and protect its commercial interests on a number of high profile projects across Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend