Claims Manager - ArbitrationRef MAX8081 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
Working closely with the commercial leadership team and legal counsel, you will be instrumental in protecting the company's interests in multiple multi million $$ prolongation claims which are or will be at arbitration stage. Your location in Hong Kong, Asia is potentially flexible however you will be required to travel.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Claims Manager reporting to leadership team
• Provide management, advice and oversight to commercial management team to successfully conclude current major prolongation (loss & expense) claims.
• Management and oversight of multi-disciplinary teams including Forensic Planners, Project Planners, administration/data controllers, contracts managers and outside consultants and counsel.
• Regular reporting of progress – works achieved, information requested and outstanding, issues impacting delivery, resource tracking – utilised versus planned,
• Presenting to management / board level
• Onward negotiation of claims as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Significant exposure to and experience of claims management and in particular arbitrations
• Specific experience in prolongations claims
• Extensive work with contractors with demonstrable experience including claims preparation, management of delay analysis and claim evaluation
• UK, Middle East and SE Asia experience would be preferred
• Broad experience across all sectors – civils, build, O&G etc.
• Strong contract/commercial knowledge – all major forms of contract and bespoke agreements
• Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Master's LLM or equivalent
• Member of Chartered Institute (CIArb, RICS) or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major Asian based construction, engineering & property firm with an ever expanding portfolio of projects. The company is seeking to appoint a claims specialist to represent and protect its commercial interests on a number of high profile projects across Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend