A Construction Claims Manager with a strong Engineering / Construction Management background is required to join a global construction consultancy practice in Toronto, Ontario to work on major infrastructure projects. You should be experienced in managing complex claims on major projects, and provide quantum claims support and management for Project Directors and Commercial Managers on live projects.
You will initially work on major projects in the rail sector, with scope to work as a claims specialist on various other projects as you progress your career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Examine, analyse and negotiate claims on major infrastructure programmes
- Report directly into the Project Director and Commercial Lead
- Support all aspects of claims management
- Offer advice on procurement strategies, contract administration, dispute resolution and administration support
- Provide expertise from a contractual and commercial service designed to guide projects successfully through the complex projects
- Review and validate contractor claims
- Management and development of junior and intermediate members of staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience delivering claims management services on major infrastructure projects, preferably rail
- Experience leading a claims management function is advantageous
- Strong knowledge of contract law
- Experience of working with delay claims, productivity claims, acceleration and extensions of time
- Experience in arbitration and dispute resolution services
- University / College level degree that is relevant
- Membership to a relevant professional body is a bonus (i.e. CIArb)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a leading consultancy in construction consultancy. They provide Project, Cost, Claims and Dispute management services on projects across the globe and remain at the forefront of the construction industry on various continents. They are going from strength to strength in the Canadian market and have a strong pipeline of work coming in.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package.