Claims QSRef MAX6490 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Salary HKD$60k-$80k p/m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Summary of Claims QS Job Vacancy - Kowloon
An ambitious quantity surveyor who is keen to progress into dedicated claims work is need to join a well-established claims consultancy with a strong reputation in the Hong Kong construction market.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be doing exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- Research and produce claims correspondence and submissions to the clients
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Provide support to contractor in client negotiations
- Act in a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor
- Ideally with some experience of preparing claims or undertaking compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation in a contracting QS capacity
- Project experience on larger projects (GBP10m++) preferred, but candidates with specific strong experience on smaller piling/groundwork claims with smaller players also desirable.
- Keen to develop career in dispute resolution
- Candidates without overseas experience will be accepted
- Fluent in spoken and written English is essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline is essential
- MRICS qualified or equivalent or progressing towards chartership is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established claims consultancy with a strong reputation in the Hong Kong construction market. The company has good track records on taking in UK candidates with limited claims experience and provide excellent training. Very competitive salary and benefits are on offer. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leaves
- Long term employment with excellent career path
- Group health insurance
- Study reimbursement scheme: the company encourage employee to take further claims related education, such as Post Graduate diploma in Dispute Resolution/ Construction Law and Arbitration. The cost of education can be reimbursed fully.
Apply for this job
Steve Thomas is our specialist consultant managing this position
- (Office hours 9am to 6pm - Hong Kong Time Monday to Friday)
- Asia & UK
Apply for this job Directly with Maxim
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend